You’ve probably heard of New York Fashion Week, but not everyone is familiar with Miami Swim Week. It happens every summer in sunny Miami, and it’s the most sought-after place to check out the latest from swim designers as they debut their new lines.
It’s such an amazing experience because you are getting to see what’s next in the world of swim and it’s part work and part play. During the day buyers from all the major stores and boutiques meet with designers big and small to decide what looks they want to carry.
At night is when we get to party. You can attend highly anticipated fashion shows at different Miami hotels, meet other designers and buyers, and see what trends are on the horizon as stunning models walk the runway.
We saw so many exciting looks including exotic prints and retro vibes. We also loved seeing such an emphasis on eco-friendly fabrics as well as inclusivity and diversity.
Monarch Reign was so excited to attend it’s first Miami Swim Week for the brand and be part of the showroom experience, DESTINATIONmiami.
Founder and designer Ashley Busch was there debuting her collection. Ashley spent her time debuting her new line and explaining the story behind Monarch Reign.
Our mesh butterfly print was a hit, and Miami was the perfect city to release this look we are obsessed with.
We can't wait to see how everyone looks in these new Monarch Reign suits.
As first-timers visiting Miami Swim Week these are our must-pack essentials:
- Day to Night weather appropriate outfits – It’s Miami in July, so to say it’s hot is an understatement. Pack light and airy outfits that you will be comfortable in. While business is going down during the day, Miami is still laid back, so there isn’t any need for a black blazer unless that’s your style.
- Embrace color – Miami is not like NYC. Everyone will be embracing color and vibrant patterns. It’s the perfect time to bring that outfit out of the back of the closet that you’ve been shy to wear. Miami is the place indulge your love of colorful fashion!
- Comfortable shoes – Everyone is dressed to impress, but if you are there to work you may be hopping back and forth around a convention floor or to different hotels for meetings and events. Be stylish, but comfortable. If you can’t run in six-inch heels, leave those for night events only.
- A versatile floppy hat – You never know what event will have you out in the harsh sun, so bring a floppy hat that will give you a bit of a reprieve from the strong Florida rays.
- Umbrella – Summer in Florida is unpredictable. The sun is shining one moment, and the next you are stuck in a torrential downpour. It’s not the cutest accessory, but you’ll be happy you have one on you.
- Business cards – Between fashion shows and appointments, Swim Week is a huge networking opportunity. Have plenty of business cards and make sure anything you give out has your media handles on them.
- Headphones – If you find yourself with any downtime in-between appointments, grab your laptop and headphones to get some work done. It may be hard to find a quiet corner to work, so headphones are essential!
We can’t wait for Miami Swim Week 2020 with (fingers crossed) Monarch Reign designs strutting down the runway.